Annual ‘FLORIDA’ Get-Away - Ahhh, Let’s Head SOUTH! Back to Sarasota .... YAY! ( [14 days/13 nights]
1st Trip February 4 - February 17 / 2nd Trip February 25 - March 10 Both Dates: ‘Saturday - Friday’
9-nights at ‘The Sandcastle’ on Lido Beach YES, we are once again ‘good to go’ to our beloved ‘Sandcastle’, as they weathered thru the storm of ‘Hurricane Ian’ and have continued to keep up with necessary maintenance rather than going through a complete renovation!
We will take 2-nights going down and 2-nights on return to eliminate ‘long days’ en route. Plus, this also allows us to enjoy ‘additional stops’ along the way as well as ‘earlier arrivals’. We will settle-in for ‘9-nights’ to enjoy, of course, the beautiful Beach and Pools as well as a variety of area ‘Attractions’ and ‘Side-trips’ * that will be optional!
* Side-trips are within distance of one-half to one-day trips; motorcoach transportation is included. Attractions/Admissions are usually at discounted ‘group’ rates or, many are at no additional cost at all. These outings are ‘optional’ with a description/discussion along with ‘sign-up’ en route down.
Please be prepared to let us know your ‘Room-type’ preference upon making your reservation. Note: A $400 (per person) deposit is due upon making your reservation. Please indicate ‘Florida’ 1 ‘or’ 2 (or both!) on your check. “THANK YOU!” Departures: Trip 1 Lebanon & Indy / Trip 2 Lafayette, Lebanon & Indy
--------------------- It’s a tough job, but somebody’s gotta do it! ---------------------
A Little More of TEXAS! March 24 - April 1 (Friday - Saturday) [9 days/8 nights]
TEXAS - San Antonio ~ Hill Country ~ Waco and more! San Antonio: ● 3-nights Lodging at the ‘Drury Inn - Riverwalk’ ● ‘Riverwalk’ - Narrated Boat Ride ● ‘Local Guide’ for Area Touring ● Day Trip to: ‘Hill Country’ (Fredericksburg & Luckenbach) ● Stop at the ‘SAS’ Factory Outlet and General Store! (Note: ‘Factory Tours’ are currently limited; I will check ‘closer to time’ if available)
Waco: Home of Chip and Joanna Gaines from HGTV’s ‘Fixer Upper’. ● 2-nights Lodging at the ‘Comfort Suites’ ● ‘Local Guide’ for Area Touring to include ‘Fixer Upper’ Sites...seeing past, present and future projects of Chip & Jo, along with several HGTV ‘Fixer Upper’ Homes and, of course, the ‘Magnolia Market at the Silos’. ● Also includes the ‘Dr. Pepper Museum’ along with other area highlights & sightseeing!
Plus, 2-nights en route: Hayti, MO & Sulphur Springs, TX / 1-night en route home: Marion, AK Motorcoach Transportation ~ 8-nights Lodging ~ Listed Attractions / Admissions ~ Gratuities
(8) Breakfasts - (4) Lunches - (4) Dinners* *(Plus, ‘Drury Inn’ Kick-Back Snacks/Beverages) 1,960 double/per person ~ $2,590 single
Note: A $200 Deposit, per person - is due upon making your reservation.
Asheville, NC and ‘Historic’ Charleston, SC April 16 - 22 and May 14 - 20 * [7 days/6 nights]
*** FULL at this time *** Note: To ‘simplify’ and ‘satisfy’... we will plan to go twice! Please indicate ‘Trip 1' or ‘Trip 2' (or, ‘either’) upon making your Reservation
Many Highlights! Asheville - 2-nights: ‘Doubletree’ at the ‘Biltmore’ - Tour Biltmore Estate & Gardens - Browse the Stable Shops - Visit Antler Hill Village Shops & Winery
Charleston - 3-nights: ‘Hotel Indigo’(Mount Pleasant) - Narrated ‘Charleston Harbor’ Cruise - Tour the USS Yorktown ‘optional’ - Browse the ‘Old City Market’ - Tour Magnolia Plantation - Tour Charleston w/ Local Step-on Guide - Tour Charleston Tea Garden’ (formerly ‘Tea Plantation’)
Motorcoach Transportation ~ All Touring / Admissions / Attractions, per listing & More! 6-nights Lodging; includes (1) night en route home - Knoxville, TN (6) Breakfasts ~ (2) Lunches ~ (3) Dinners $1,430 double/per person - $1,925 single
Spring-Fling Getaway! Covington, IN May 9 (Tuesday)
Beef House Dinner Theatre - Covington, IN In partnering with the theatre we have created a special ‘TOP-NOTCH’ day to celebrate ... well, ‘anything’ - I don’t think we need a reason...do we? However, in ‘special recognition’ I would like to honor Mother’s / Father’s Day ~ May 14 / June 18
Includes a wonderful ‘Buffet Lunch’, followed by great entertainment w/ a wide array of ‘memorable songs’!
Indy, Lebanon & Lafayette Departures - $116
Shipshewana June 6 - 8 (Tuesday - Thursday)
This Is Always A Nice Little ‘3-day Getaway’ with Great Variety! ‘Brotherly Love’ In Concert at the Blue Gate Theatre If you are not familiar with this amazing quartet -- I know you will recognize the songs and sound from ‘Jimmy Fortune’, formerly with the “Statler Brothers”! He has partnered with fellow ‘award-winning’ musicians: Bradley Walker, Mike Rogers and Ben Isaacs to form an incredible blend of Country, Bluegrass and Gospel!
- 2-nights Lodging at the beautiful, conveniently located, ‘Farmstead Inn’. - ‘Local Guide’ for great ‘Amish Country’ Touring with ‘stops/attractions’ included - Free time to browse the ‘Flea Market’ (Tuesday afternoon - ‘optional’) - Free time browsing Downtown Shops and Yoder’s Department Store & Hardware - Rise ‘n’ Roll Bakery, Cheese Haus and Dutch Market - Oh, and of course, ‘GREAT EATS’
$530 double/per person - $700 single - $485 triple
We’re Off To ‘ALASKA’ July 31 - August 9 (Mon - Wed) [10 days/9 nights]
9 days/8 nights in Alaska, w/ a ‘Night Flight’ Return and ‘Home’ on Day 10. By Plane, Motorcoach, Train, Boat and maybe even ‘Dog Sled’ to fully enjoy the Abundant Wildlife, Stunning Scenery and Breathtaking Beauty! (“We never get tired of visiting up there (my 7 and Steve’s 6 time!) and, I enjoy partnering with ‘JOHN HALL’S ALASKA’, with ‘40+ years of experience’, planning memorable, awesome adventures. _____________________________________________ Motorcoach Transportation ‘to’ & ‘from’ Chicago O’Hare Airport ‘UNITED’ Airlines; w/ Late-Afternoon - ‘Direct Flight’
Anchorage: (Night 1) Valdez: (2-nights) - Prince William Sound - Glacier & Wildlife Cruise - Wrangell-St. Elias National Park Fairbanks: (2-nights) - Riverboat Discovery River Cruise - Exclusive Trail Breaker Kennel Iditarod Experience - Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum - Alaska Salmon Bake - Alaska Railroad: GoldStar Service Denali: (2-nights) - Denali Visitor Center - National Park Wildlife Tour - Iditarod Race Headquarters Anchorage: (Night 8) - City Tour & Anchorage Museum
~ `19` Meals and Gratuities ~
IMPORTANT! For those interested, please call ‘ASAP’ for me to check on ‘pricing’! ‘Flight’ portion is ‘not locked-in’, as it is ‘subject to change daily’, until I have seats ‘individually’ ticketed & ‘paid-in-full’...within 24 hrs.
‘As of today’ ... $7,180 double/per person - $8,496 single
NEW YORK and A Little Taste of Vermont! Last year was our first time in this area and it was great so...I added ‘one more night’ and ‘we’re going again’! Plus, we left several on ‘Standby’; however, please call right away to confirm if this year works for you! _____________________________________________________________ Added... Cape Vincent & Clayton, NY - Quaint seaway villages on the St. Lawrence River, in the 1000 Islands. A Narrated tour circling Sunken Rock Lighthouse; also, a stop at the Rock Island Lighthouse. ‘Two Nation ‘Boat Tour’ - A 25-mile journey through international waters with close-up enjoyment of historic and scenic wonders in both the American and Canadian sections of the 1000 islands. This jewel of the ‘1000 Islands’ is on Heart Island, where we’ll tour millionaire George Boldt’s Castle.
Lake Placid - A drive up Whiteface Veterans Memorial Highway (‘Weather Permitting’ for good visibility!) Tour the Olympic Center, originally constructed for the 1932 Winter Olympics. Olympic Jumping Complex: Check-out the brand-new Skyride, an 8-passenger, ‘state-of-the-art’ pulse gondola and glass-enclosed elevator up to the observation deck of the K-120 meter jump! Added...
Vermont - From Lake Placid, we will take a shortcut on the Ferry across the beautiful ‘Lake Champlain’ for a day of sightseeing and touring in Shelburne, Vermont!
1-night: Hampton Inn (Erie, PA) [en route to & from] 3-nights: Grand Adirondack Hotel (Lake Placid, NY) 2-nights: Riveredge Resort * (Alexandria Bay, NY) [1000 Islands]
A resort built on a ‘Steamboat Wharf’ w/ water vistas on 3-sides...so every room has a View!
(7) Breakfasts ~ (3) Lunches ~ (4) Dinners $1,965 double/per person ~ $2,640 single
Note: A $200 Deposit, per person - is due upon making your reservation.
‘In the Works’ JUNE Mailing (Well, that is a wild guess...but with a busy ‘SPRING’ I don’t foresee it being in April or May!) In the meantime, I am planning:
- A couple of ‘2' or ‘3'-day outings - A ‘day-trip’ on October 4 - “Twilight River Cruise” - Early October (pending) - 4-day Mystery “Holiday Getaway” - November 18 - 21
Watch for Details!
FYI... Brief ‘Highlights’ from our ‘2019' - ‘ALASKA Tour’ (10 days) - Anchorage: 2-nights at the Lakefront Hotel on Lake Spenard, next to Lake Hood. - Prince William Sound - We will board the Alaska Railroad for a short trip to Whittier; after lunch we will board the ‘Stan Stephens’ Boat for a relaxing, afternoon cruise through beautiful Prince William Sound visiting glaciers and viewing a variety of marine wildlife before arriving in Valdez at the Totem Hotel & Suites.
- Depart for Fairbanks (by motorcoach) traveling up the Richardson Hwy. along the Alaska pipeline, while learning the history of the pipeline and making a few scenic stops! 2-nights at the Bear Lodge. - This morning we have a ‘great’ narrated tour down the Chena River onboard the Riverboat Discovery. Afterwards, we will enjoy an exclusive ‘Lunch & Tour’ at the Trail Breaker Kennel, home of musher, David Monson, husband of the late Susan Butcher - a four-time Iditarod Champion. Tonight we will experience an ‘all-you-can-eat’ Salmon Bake. (Note: Also includes Cod & Ribs!)
- Today we’ll enjoy Breakfast aboard the train en route to Denali National Park via the Alaska Railroad GoldStar ‘domed’ car. On arrival, ‘options’ for area tours. 2-nights at the Denali Bluffs - RiverView, with great views overlooking the Nenana River into Denali National Park. Tonight a fantastic dinner with Chef Laura Cole!
- Early this morning (hoping for great wildlife viewing!) we will head out on a 53-mile tour into Denali National Park, with a ‘Picnic Lunch’ included!
- Free time to enjoy a relaxing morning prior to departing for Talkeetna, again aboard the Alaska Railroad GoldStar , with lunch served en route! Overnight at the beautiful Talkeetna Alaska Lodge, with incredible majestic views!
- After Breakfast we will have free time to enjoy the authentic ‘Alaskan Charm’ of this little frontier town of Talkeetna. (w/ ‘optional’ area tours) Late this afternoon we return to Anchorage (by motorcoach) for a nice ‘farewell dinner’ prior to heading to the airport for our ‘night flight’ home! (Even though, it never gets dark with our time difference!)
- Return ‘Home Sweet Home’ with ‘fond memories’ of our ALASKAN experience!